Paintless Dent Repair or PDR is a group of procedures used in COLORADO for fixing little dents and dings from the body of cars, buses and vans. A variety damages can be repaired through the paintless dent repair method. Some of the common repair types of damage include stone dents and bumper repair.
The methodologies for paintless dent repair utilize body picks and metal rods to push the damages out from the inner side of the body panel being repaired. A special kind of adhesive may also be used on the external side of panel to pull the dents out. In both the instances, fine-tuning of the dent removal usually involves “tapping” down the ding to take away small spots, making the surface flat and shiny.
The technicians access the dent from window openings, by taking out headlights and tail lights and through wheel well openings. After getting access to the inside surface of the body work, gentle pressure is applied until the dent is removed. Since PDR works from behind the vehicle’s damage, no sanding or putty work are required. Paintless dent repair is used on both aluminum and steel panels. In COLORADO skilled dent repair Techs removes up to 100 per cent of the damage using specially devised PDR procedures. These tools and procedures provide a large range of flexibility and rigidity, with tips tapered and configured to allow for repair to any kind of damage on any type of vehicle. Once the repairs are completed there is no visible or apparent support that a dent was ever there.
Some of the great benefits of Paintless Dent Repair are:
• There is no repainting or body filler used.
• It proves to be less expensive than standard body repair.
• The service is done within a few hours.
• The issue of paint over-spray on other areas of vehicle is eliminated.
• There is no risk of color mismatch.
• The vehicle retains its original paint.
A vehicle with showroom paint usually carries a better value than a repainted vehicle. Even if it is just a door or the fender, it is always smart to maintain the original paint as long as possible.
Dent Repair shops based in COLORADO offer expertise for the professional quality of paintless dent removal and scratch repair. Plastic Bumper Repair, automobile scratch and stone chip repairs and hail ding repairs are a few other services that can also be supplied. The paintless dent repair method used by these shops preserves the vehicle value as it maintains the original paintwork.
Paintless Dent Removal - Is It A Good Choice?
PDR stands for paintless dent repair. It's a craft that you can learn and it will, once you have mastered the skill, be a way for you to earn a very nice income. You will be able to remove those dings from car doors, and other small dents that you will find around the automobile. This doesn't take long if you are experienced at doing it. It normally takes 10 to 20 minutes and is very inexpensive, since there is no product to buy. PDR is becoming the alternative to body shops.
The biggest reason people are choosing this method over a body shop is the time that it takes at a body shop to repair a dent, and also the money they are spending to get it fixed. With PDR, not only will the time your vehicle is being repaired be shorter, but also it will cost you so much less money. It's a new way of fixing dents and dings that is putting the car repair world at notice!
How exactly does paintless dent repair work? A person who has been trained at PDR will use metal rods and picks in order to massage out dents and dings from the finish of the car. This will be done by the expert working from the inside of the car or panel, depending on where the dent or ding is. In essence, the dings and dents are being pushed out. A normal repair from beginning to end will last about 10 to 20 minutes.
If you want to try and do this as a living all you need is to purchase the tools, get the training, and offer a service where you will go to people and fix the dents and dings, or get a shop and do the service from there. This is a very high-demand service that many people are looking to have done now. It depends on where the dent or ding is in the vehicle and how you will access it. Here are some of the more common areas and how to go about accessing it.
Doors: You will need to roll down the window, and access the area by the window ledge opening. There may be an existing opening in the door jam. Access through this spot. Take the panel off the door, or even drill a hole in the door. You can finish this off by putting a silicone plug into the hole to prevent any corrosion, and to make the door look good.
Rear quarter panels: There should be an opening or even a vent in the rear door area. Access through this spot. Go through the trunk, or through a tail light assembly. You can access the dent through the wheel well, or drill a hole through the rear door. Of course, you will need to plug it when finished.
Roof: simply remove or lower the headliner.
Front fender: go through the engine compartment, or through a headlight assembly. Again you could access this from the inner wheel well too.
Hood: remove the covering from the inside of the hood and access the ding or dent this way.
While doing these repairs, it should not require the technician to drill any holes.
- COLORADO Paintless Dent Repair at Home
- Denver Paintless dent repair light
- Colorado Springs Paintless Dent Repair Training
- Aurora Paintless Dent Repair at Home
- Fort Collins Paintless Dent Repair at Home
- Lakewood Dent Removal Cost
- Thornton Paintless Dent Repair Training
- Arvada Paintless Dent Repair Course
- Westminster Dent Removal Cost
- Centennial Auto Dent Removal
- Pueblo Paintless dent repair light
- Boulder Paintless Dent Repair Process
- Highlands Ranch Dent Repair Cost
- Greeley Dent Removal Cost
- Longmont Paintless Dent Removal Cost
- Loveland Paintless Dent Removal Cost
- Broomfield Paintless Dent Repair Process
- Grand Junction Paintless Dent Removal
- Castle Rock Paintless Dent Removal Cost
- Commerce City Paintless dent repair crease
- Parker Auto Dent Repair
- Littleton Paintless Dent Removal
- Northglenn Paintless Dent Repair Course
- Brighton Paintless Dent Repair Process
- Security-Widefield Auto Dent Removal
- Dakota Ridge Auto Dent Repair
- Englewood Hail Damage Repair
- Ken Caryl Car Dent Remover
- Wheat Ridge Pop a Dent
- Pueblo West Hail Damage Repair
- Fountain Paintless Dent Removal
- Lafayette Pop a Dent
- Columbine Paintless Dent Removal
- Windsor Paintless dent repair crease
- Erie Paintless dent repair crease
- Evans Dent Repair Cost
- Louisville Auto Dent Removal
- Golden Dent Repair Cost
- Clifton Car Dent Remover